Thursday, June 5, 2008

Eat Pray Love


OK, Eat Pray Love... I told Two Pretzels A LONG time ago I'd read it also and tell her what I thought. (Sorry for the delay. If there aren't pictures of Elmo or Spongebob, Athena thinks it isn't worth the read.)


I'm pretty much on board with her mission for self discovery, and in order to be, I think you need to have felt that dark, down, out and on the brink of insanity. You know it if you have... there's no "I think maybe I have". BUT acting like this is in any way a normal way to do it irritates me. We might all be healed if we're able to quit our lives and travel to spiritual havens. The correlation might seem odd, but it reminds me of the self-absorbed head-in-the-clouds way of thinking from one Vogue writer that tries to relate to people having a hard time purchasing fragrance as a gift, so he did what ANY normal person would do and called the head of Dior for some input. Whatev.


So, to keep it short without a major review, I liked it but I think it read like fiction.

3 comments:

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Yay! You read it.

Did you struggle through the second section? India?

It almost killed me.

Unknown said...

YES!!!!!!!!! AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ky • twopretzels.com said...

Oh! I'm SO GLAD THAT YOU HATED IT, too!

I felt like I was the only one.