Thursday, October 22, 2009

H1N1: A love story

In case you don't read her blog, or in case you didn't see it on Facebook, or in case I haven't shoved it down your throat enough:


by barefootfoodie on October 21, 2009

Ok, so here is the deal.
I seldom get all mommy up in here.
This is my place. For my life stories.
Sometimes the stories are about me being a parent, mostly they are about me being an asshole.
In fact, not a week ago, I would have written some scathing post about that ballsack of a father that creepy, Village of the Damned balloon kid has.
Or about my dad’s recent decision to conduct his daily business in denim overalls.
Or even about this old boyfriend I had that I caught in bed with a stripper named Shauna, whose entire upper lip is now just one giant, oozey herpe sore, and I am pretty sure his dick fell off.
But today, I can’t.
I’m gonna take a moment, as a mommy, to tell you…the last thing you should have to do, as a mommy, is to sit with your sick kid in a quarantined hospital room, with needles coming out of his arms. And, the only contact he has outside of his mommy is with people in scary masks and full body rubber suits, who treat him like he has the plague.
And, there are all these other kids, just like him. Equally sick. Equally miserable. Totally fucking freaking out.
And to think. If the vaccine would have been available sooner, this all could have been prevented.
Get yours.
Share and Enjoy.
I shall follow this up with a little Q & A based off of the things I have seen, heard, and been asked RE: The dreaded H1N1 vaccine.

2 comments:

Traci said...

yep. and this is why i'm going to stand in the rain and cold today and try to get my kids the first dose of the vaccine.

Sad Panda said...

That's so sad. I hope her son is able to get healthy soon.

On a side note, I'm gonna have to start reading this woman's blog. She is sarcastic and hilarious and she swears. A woman after my own heart.