I generally do my Finding the Happy posts on Mondays. I had this one almost finished and ready to, but was so bummed out about my hair diagnosis I put it on hold and wrote about that instead. When I signed in to Blogger today and saw this in my drafts I gots to thinking... wasn't that actually the PERFECT day to try to find happy? Instead of wallowing in self-pity maybe I should have been thinking about some GOOD things in my life.
So let's do this. Let's talk about one of the most positive forces in my life:
My mother in law.
I know, right? It's not generally something you hear every day, but it's true. I love my mother in law. This is barely scratching the surface, but let me tell you a few of the things that are exceptional:
1. There is nothing in her life that is more important than her kids and grand kids, and it's so obvious you just can't help but feel comforted.
2. She let me LIVE with her when Louis and I were just dating.
3. When we went to Aruba she took care of Athena, Athena's cousins, had my hardwood floors refinished, AND painted my living room.
4. She took the day off work to take care of the ladies so I could have my mom with me during my surgery.
5. She offered to miss out on Athena's first dance recital and stay home with Zofia because my OCD had me FLIPPING OUT about her possibly coming into contact with the flu virus. (As desperately as I want her to stay home, I will not do that to my MIL.)
So you see? I truly am a lucky daughter in law.