Friday, March 4, 2011

Why Zofia Doesn't "Cry it Out"

This has been a rough week as far as sleeping goes, so please forgive me as I kind of phone it in on the blog today. You know Zofia? The cute little midget version of my brother that lives in my house? Yeah, she doesn't dig the sleeping scene. First of all, she has two big ol' beaver teeth ripping through her gums. Second, she just figured out how to stand up in her crib and ZOMG HOW DO I GET BACK DOWN MOM HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!

And third, the baby loves me, my boobs, and nursing. Now I suppose I could get more sleep if I refused to nurse her a couple times at night or if I let her cry herself back to sleep... BUT that's not how I operate and this is why. (Go ahead. Go read it. I'll wait.)

Now I'm not saying I'm right and CIO people are wrong (not out loud at least), but none of the people that are suggesting it to me went to Harvard or conducted any scientific studies. So this time I'm going with my gut and listening to the eggheads.

One more thing. I want people to stop telling me to give her formula (even organic. Good try though.) so she'll sleep longer, someone else can feed her, and I can treat my OCD fully. I'm not doing that nor am I giving her cow's milk, goat's milk, or any other milk mixed in a bottle with cereal to make her sleep longer. I appreciate all the concern, I really do, but I've got this for now. She'll sleep longer some day and I'm fairly certain that she'll wean herself from the bewbs as well.