Thursday, January 20, 2011

On my Kindle...


Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back
by Todd Burpo (Kindle Edition - Nov. 2, 2010) - Kindle eBook

Buy: $6.16
I've stopped being so dramatic and accepted that this is a very convenient way for me to get some reading done while taking care of the ladies. I was browsing the section of popular downloads on my Kindle app. and came across this book. I'm a BIG fan of religious stories. Be they books, TV shows, or movies, real or fiction, I'm intrigued by them all. A story of Heaven as told by a 4 year old piqued my interest.
 
From the site:
Editorial Reviews

A young boy emerges from life-saving surgery with remarkable stories of his visit to heaven. Heaven Is for Real is the true story of the four-year old son of a small town Nebraska pastor who during emergency surgery slips from consciousness and enters heaven. He survives and begins talking about being able to look down and see the doctor operating and his dad praying in the waiting room. The family didn't know what to believe but soon the evidence was clear.Colton said he met his miscarried sister, whom no one had told him about, and his great grandfather who died 30 years before Colton was born, then shared impossible-to-know details about each. He describes the horse that only Jesus could ride, about how "reaaally big" God and his chair are, and how the Holy Spirit "shoots down power" from heaven to help us.Told by the father, but often in Colton's own words, the disarmingly simple message is heaven is a real place, Jesus really loves children, and be ready, there is a coming last battle.

The story was heartwarming. I cried a lot while reading of Colton's brush with death. I smiled a lot at the simple descriptions of such a HUGE concept that is God, Heaven, and eternity. It's a quick and easy read and I'd absolutely recommend it.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

i was JUST looking at this book, thinking about buying.

I'll wait until you read it and then you let me know :)

Sarah said...

I'm a jackass - somehow I missed your last paragraph.

Malissa said...

i am interested in reading this! i was uncertain until your review and hearing more about it alllll over the place! like NPR for starters.

Unknown said...

Did you hear good things about it or bad?