Monday, March 14, 2011

Dress-up Made Easy

Some things are a big deal in this house:

Dressing up.
Birthdays.
Dressing up for birthdays.

Since dressing up is already a daily activity in our household, Athena starts talking about her birthday attire a good 6 months ahead of time so I have plenty of time to prepare for all of her requests. The other day she announced that she needs to have a "Wizard of Oz" party and that we all need to dress as characters. (She said that Yia Yia can be the beautiful nice witch and that I can be the mean witch. Excuse me?) So I swear she must have had something to do with CostumeSupercenter.com contacting me to do a review. The timing was impeccable.

Athena and I perused the site together and we both LOVED it. It's very organized, user-friendly, and they have costumes for anything you can think of. You can search by holiday, theme, character, gender, age; the choices go on and on. Going through the awesome selection of costumes for toddlers, we saw a ton of stuff we wanted, but Athena had a one-track mind:  Wizard of Oz costumes. She was overjoyed at their selection and we had them send us a Toddler Dorothy Costume post-haste!



It quickly arrived and I was surprised at the quality. I was honestly expecting one of the thin, papery material costumes that you usually find. This costume was thick, sturdy material and washed up great. (We got jelly on it almost immediately.) When her dad got home and recognized her as Dorothy, she nearly fainted from excitement. I've had to pry the thing off of her daily.

What do you think? These for her dad and me?



I know you generally only equate costume stores with Halloween, but there are SO many more occasions that call for a fun outfit. For what you spend on pretend-play clothes at a regular store, you'd be better served spending your money at a costume store and getting more elaborate choices. I see many more purchases from CostumeSupercenter.com in our future.


*Athena Bee's Disclaimer: I was sent a costume to review. This review is 100% my opinion and has not been edited or reviewed by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this product review.


.