Thursday, September 29, 2011

CrockPot Cream Cheese Chicken - MexiCali Style

I'm always looking for new chicken recipes to try in my crockpot. I stumbled upon this basic cream cheese crockpot chicken recipe and thought I'd try some of my own variations.

My ingredients:

1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/2lb frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp Fiesta Dip Mix
1 tsp sea salt (optional)
1 block Neufchâtel cheese to add later

The directions:

Put everything but the cream cheese into the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until the chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken with a fork and add the cream cheese. Cook on high for 30 minutes or until the cream cheese is melted.

I served this over Farafalle noodles, but I think it would be excellent over rice as well.

The family reviews:

Athena thought that it was a little bit too spicy for her, so I'm going to give the standard recipe a whirl next.

Louis said that it was his favorite thing I've ever cooked in 10 years. WIN!