Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Homeschooling Pre-K - Success and Favorites

I started using curriculum at home from the time Athena was 2 years old. Seeing her learn from ME, learning her colors, numbers, etc. is incredibly satisfying. Now as we move into Pre-K curriculum and seeing her grow is completely amazing. Not to toot my own horn (TOOT) but I'm teaching her how to WRITE!!!! And READ! And SPELL! ME! I'm doing it!! Amazing!!


Without prompts!

We've also really started getting into math. Athena loves these kits and is really excelling.


She's got her numbers and counting down, she's learning patterns and has even started doing some simple addition. These kits really hold her attention and she feels like she's doing "real school."

We've also moved on from the basic preschool games of Nick Jr. to their premium service, Boost.


They have educator created games that teach over 250 skills in math, literacy, and art. She wins awards and certificates that we can hang on the refrigerator. She can watch clips from shows, play virtual dress-up, and decorate her own virtual play room. It keeps progress reports for me and it's totally AD FREE!!! She's learning an incredible amount from this service.

I'm so proud of her and I feel so confident with her starting school next year. She's totally ready :)

No comments: