Tuesday, November 1, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

Halloween!

Athena has made Halloween a huge deal in the house, and her love for the holiday grows each year. I love reliving childhood fun with her and she really gets Louis and me in the spirit (Louis is kind of a spoil-sport when it comes to holidays, so it's pretty fun). She starts wearing her witch costume in September and the monster cartoon and movie marathon begins then as well. I kid you not, we watched Hocus Pocus no less than 215 times and Charlie Brown Halloween 156 times. She will keep these movies on rotation until Charlie Brown Thanksgiving comes along and finally takes their place.

Generally I hate the Fall and its friend Winter that it brings along with it. However, this October was GLORIOUS! It was 80 degrees the day we went to the pumpkin patch. Zofia was totally into licking pumpkins.


Sheep face!


Every year Athena and I do the Point Place preschool daytime trick-or-treating, and even though it was raining we still went. Athena got herself and Zofia Halloween buckets from McDonald's, decorated them, and she gave Zofia the grand tour of the Point. They were soaking wet but in shockingly high spirits. Dad joined us for the evening trick-or-treating for the first time and Athena thought this was A.MAZ.ING. We had an awesome time.

Zofia was a crabby bumblebee by day...

...and Piglet by night.


Athena was a fairy princess.



I gave myself a little cat-eye and put on some cat ears. Then to finish off my look I walked out into the front yard, strapped Zofia into her stroller, watched some cars go by all with my entire boob out. Awesome.


I hope everyone had as much fun as we did and I'm looking forward to trolling the blogs today to see tons of cute kids in costumes!