Thursday, November 3, 2011

Save the Day Chicken Taco Chili

It's no secret that I adore my crock pot. The yummy goodness that it produces for me knows no bounds. In fact, I think crock pots are modern day witch's cauldrons. You throw any old thing in, (eye of newt, dead man's toe) and out comes a delicious meal. I started getting the cold-weather-blahs and they were punctuated by brewing child sickness, teething, and day to day scream-fests. I wanted something warm and cozy to eat so I got started on my beloved Chicken Taco Chili.

What you'll need:
1 cup chicken stock
1 16oz jar salsa
water
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
12.5oz can of chicken breast
1 packet of taco seasoning

Put everything in the crock pot. After you dump in the salsa, fill the jar with water and pour that in too. Cook on low for around 4 hours. Top with shredded cheese and broken tortilla chips.

Even reheated for lunch it was superb.