Tuesday, August 16, 2011

8 years.


Today is our 8 year wedding anniversary. Sometimes I can't believe it's been this long, other times I can't believe it hasn't been 25 years. Not in a bad way, Never in a bad way. It's just I've know this man since I was a wee 17 year old high school girl. At that time, he was a cool 21 and therefore had no time for such children. In due time he found out how awesome I am and asked me out on a date. This date? Not exactly one for the scrap book. He brought a friend along and made me ride in the back seat. He was also trying to impress with his dad's bitchin' Camero, but he didn't know how to drive a stick shift and I wound up calling Kylee to come get me because I was so car sick. Yeah, not the best first date... however it WAS memorable.

The first time he said he loved me was also so typical of us. It was a Wednesday and he had golf league. I generally never heard from him on Wednesdays but on this one he called me on his way home from work. I could barely hear him because he had the windows down on the Jeep and Lou don't put the windows up for no one. He said, "Hey. I've got something I want to tell you and if I do it later you'll think I'm just saying it because I'm drunk and you won't believe me. I love you. I gotta go to golf. Talk to you later." True Lou style.

We have survived addiction, obsessions, and near financial ruin and came out on top. We blazed right past the 7 year itch like it was nothin'. We've got a happy home and two beautiful ladies. Ain't life grand?